Please follow the instructions below to find the MAC address of your game console.
To obtain the MAC Address from a Nintendo DS, you must first insert a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection compatible game and access the WFC Setup Utility. Please note that the exact steps to access the setup utility varies by game. However, the setup utility is a standard menu, included with all WFC-compatible games.
After accessing the utility, tap "Options," then "System Information."
The MAC Address and Nintendo WFC ID will be listed on the screen. Unless the game player has successfully connected with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, the WFC ID will be blank.
To locate the MAC address of your Gamecube console:
- Remove the Gamecube broadband adapter from the bottom of the Gamecube.
- Flip the adapter over.
- The adapter address is written on the bottom of the adapter.
To locate the MAC address of your Wii console:
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
To find the MAC address of your Sony PlayStation 2 you will need the Network Adaptor connected to the PS2 and you will need the disc that came with the Network Adaptor. Then follow these steps:
- Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc.
- Once it has loaded, select "ISP Setup" and press X on your controller.
- The ISP Setup will begin to load, and you will be presented with a license agreement. Select Agree and press X to continue.
- For connection type, choose "Local Area Network (LAN)" and press X to continue.
- Select "Automatic Configuration" and press X to continue.
- At the connection test screen, select "Advanced" and press X to continue.
- At the "Advanced Broadband Settings" screen, make sure "Automatic" is selected. While you are at this screen, make note of the MAC address at the bottom.
To locate the MAC address of your Playstation 3 console:
- From the main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- The MAC address will then be displayed on the screen.
To find the MAC address of your PlayStation Portable (PSP):
- Navigate to "System Settings"
- Then navigate to "System Information", which is where the MAC address is listed.
To find the MAC address of your XBox:
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
These steps assume you cannot connect to Xbox Live until you finish configuring your Xbox console to use your PC's MAC address. Therefore, you should receive the following message: "Could not connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to troubleshoot your network connection?".
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings. The 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screens is the MAC address of your Xbox console.
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 console:
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings. Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.